MICHEL
One day anyone in the car radio I hear this voice .. and a letter and it seems that you can still say something a cappella. It reminds me of Emma Millar, Midnight Sun, but with the freshness of surprise ...
"..." I'm from south of the Bío Bío, I'm singing and I come forward, bring pure feeling, songs that are mine '... "and shows the singer Vashti Michel on his first album called soil and asphalt on an issue that just is entitled "Introduction". The winner of the Blue Seal shares with us through tenths, direct reference to his identity, raising the verses from the intimacy of his voice a cappella with the beating of a drum resonant legüero , identity that is marked by the presence of ancestors and nature of southern Chile.
Born in Concepción, and from a family of singers, Vasti Michel decided to say what I felt through the music, something that it is only natural, because "I inherited from my older oral tradition and the art of singing I am the granddaughter of peasant singing and learned from the womb singing with my mother. Through him I have been in contact with musicians, minstrels, singers and popular poets of our land. "
educator for this differential, singing was something I did for fun, playing covers from his inner circle, but as a result of injustices experienced in labor decides to make the song her way of expressing things. "I wanted to translate my speech, what I felt at that time through the word, the oral tradition and the power it has," Vasti said Michel.
was thus decided to leave everything aside and devote himself to music. In early 2006 he started to work on creating his first production, showing their music in various circuits of capital, such as bars of Barrio Bellavista, Cumming sector and also in Valparaiso, getting great support from the listening audience. Time then travels to play at Mendoza where he realizes that "I am posts an ambassador, my role in orality is important because through the words and the feelings it promotes respect for life. "
The title of this album soil and asphalt, said "my transition from the deep south and then lived in Traiguén my way in Conception to assume the immense civility of my current residence here in Santiago. I leave the earth, nature and I come to the cement, asphalt. Finally, my legacy is that, a mixture of "lands and asphalt," says Vashti, whose full name is Eunice Vasti Michel Castillo.
In this creative process, arising thirteen tracks all composed and music by Vasti Michel which, says the singer "sing to the good life, ancestors, our identity, the future I want, respect and good treatment among people, I appeal to humanity from nature, the river, the wind . It is a shamanic middle disc. "
Accompanied by her voice, a Huancara drum, guitar and Chajchir, Vasti Michel gives us a fusion of Latin rhythms accompanied by letters that have the function of "bless and thank the nature of life on earth." Within the disk
feature topics such as "Identity", a song that triggered the disc and where Vasti Michel pour all their emotions "after riding up pre cordillera, I discover who I am. " In "Individual Society" featured the first single from the album, accompanied only Huancar Chajchir criticizes contemporary society and calls for the construction of a collective society, a "more humane, more sensitive, more attentive. We are intent on fictitious issues, we have communication problems between us that I want to bring about disease eradication, "said Vasti Michel. This issue also includes poems from "The Blade" by Victor Jara, one of his inspirations.
In "Enchanted Valley", there are fragments of another of their referents: Violeta Parra, with extracts the song "Back To The 17." Also see "The Confessor And The Queen" poem of his contemporary and friend Marjorie Mardoñez writer who decides to put music Vasti Michel.
Another song that stands out is "The time it takes", the biographical text "talks about how you progress step by step in life, there are setbacks, but continue," says the singer accompanying himself on guitar.
Thus was born an acoustic album rich in lyrical and musical style, which emphasizes the Chilean folk fresh look from a variety of Latin rhythms that Vashti freely fuses blues, some jazz dyes and funk. But that's not all, the album also includes a bonus track: "Wild Flower", which unlike the previous songs is the only electro acoustic track record, with his new band and the inclusion of bass, drums and clarinets .. .
http://www.selloazul.cl/?page_id=77
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IqhoF97xEE
0 comments:
Post a Comment