Friday, July 30, 2010

Sometimes My Leg Burns



For Yuceth Hernández

start this post by quoting one of my teachers from college one day wisely told me the hardest part of writing is to face a blank sheet. And that is precisely what happens to me always, even to know what to write, the issue becomes more complex when you have a specific topic.

When my beloved brother told me about the special anniversary of his blog and made me a bit formal invitation to write anything, I got a difficult task, I thought for 20 days on I would write. Initially I have thought about how cool it is to be the sister's son Yaneth, but I felt I had to write about many aspects that surely the people who have been given the opportunity and have the fortune of meeting the great character that is Julián Darío Hernández Trujillo would be very bored, so I decided to take this opportunity to write about something I think is really important.

the weekend I had the opportunity to attend an important event that is part of an excellent project to raise awareness about organ donation. Fulfilling my life care work strongly resolved to write on this subject that is somewhat thorny and mythology in our society. I

nurse and throughout my career I have noticed that around this issue there are many questions and one of them is: What is the purpose of donating organs and tissues? one of the main reasons for donating is to save the lives of 55 people who can benefit from me when I no longer exist, that is why I am totally convinced I want to.

In developed countries like Spain, with a rate of 34 donors per million people annually are performed thousands of transplants, ensuring that many people benefit and have a better quality of life.

In Colombia, On the contrary, thanks to the misinformation that fills every day in our media, there are only 9 donors per million inhabitants. Meanwhile people are dying every day waiting for the family of a potential donor to help make the decision.

There is life after life. I have the pride to tell you that I am the daughter of a man transplanted for more than 15 years, through the choice of a family who thought that donating the organs of their loved one was to improve the lives of others, was of great help, without them my dad might not exist, and if any, without kidneys would not have the quality of life you have now, because life is not just being a presence in this world but how to live. To be happy, independent, without any limitations.

I hope many of you understand what it means to make the decision and know that in our country the management of organ and tissue donation is not an issue improvised, there are health professionals trained to provide management, physical and psychological around this wise decision and above all that the law in Colombia it legislates, it controls and monitors.

Make the decision today is for others, you never know when it's for you.

Learn more about this in http://www.ins.gov.co/?idcategoria=1228.

N. of R.

The above text was written exclusively for the special anniversary of our blog. He hereby undertakes no editorial line 'Yaneth's son. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment